Burn Permits logo

Red Deer County Burn Permits

Apply for your online permit today.

Current Progress

Welcome to the Red Deer County Online Open Burn Permit Manager.

Please fill in the form to create a new account and register for your first permit.

Already have an account? Login

Select Permit Type:

Personal Information If this permit is for a Corporation/Business/Government Agency please enter the Agency information in the Personal Information Section

Corporate/Government If burning on corporate or crown land please add contact information

Home Address Address of residence

Projected Start Time for Burning Burning is not permitted once permit is expired

Login Details

Select Address:

No Active Addresses!

Add an address to get started.

Your account has been successfully created!

Terms & Conditions

Please select a burn permit type.

Upload Photos for Permit (Optional)

Please upload photos, if available, of the burning site and what you intend to burn.

Select Burn Permit

Sign Here

Signature Of

Notification Methods


Enabling notifications by providing one or more contact methods below will ensure that you receive important information (e.g. changes to risk level, ban status changes etc.)

Text Msg.


Phone Call

Your permit is being created.

Please DO NOT close the window during this time.

Don't forget to call!

Telephone: (587) 802-9978

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can obtain a burn permit?

Red Deer County residents, businesses, landowners or renters in approved areas. Permits are conditional and may be revoked at any time. There is no cost to obtain a burn permit.

How can I obtain a burn permit?

Complete the online application. Online permit applications are the preferred method to obtain a fire permit. If you require assistance creating an account or want to apply for a permit via telephone, please call 403-343-6667.

How long are permits valid for?

Applicants can apply for permits that last from one (1) to three (3) days.

Do I need a permit?

Permits are required year-round for any open air fire (any fire not in an acceptable fire pit, fireplace or burning barrel). Open air burning is prohibited on all Industrial & Commercial zoned land and in the Woodland Hills subdivision. Residents in the Woodland Hills Subdivision require an annual permit to have backyard fires in acceptable fire pits.

What can I burn?

1. Brush and fallen trees 2. Wood or wood products not containing preservatives 3. Clean straw, hay or field stubble (not containing manure or plastics) 4. Grass, weeds, leaves and debris from tree pruning

How do I activate my permit?

When you are ready to start burning you must activate your permit. 1. Use the online burn permit activation button 2. Call the automated activation system (587) 802-9978.